Companhia Agrícola do Sanguinhal (C.A.S.) was established by Abel Pereira da Fonseca in 1926 to administrate the estates that he owned in the region of Bombarral since the beginning of the century, still belonging to the same family.
At the time he also held a partnership in Sociedade Comercial Abel Pereira da Fonseca, which owned and exploited the largest food and wine retail network in the country.
Companhia Agrícola do Sanguinhal owns 3 estates located in the Demarcated Region of Óbidos (A.O.C.):
- Quinta do Sanguinhal
- Quinta das Cerejeiras
- Quinta de S. Francisco
In recent years, the Company invested in the tourism and service areas in order to take advantage of the high potential of its beautiful old buildings. Traditional cellars and an old distillery were refurbished for the holding of private or institutional events and for tourism purposes.
Companhia Agrícola do Sanguinhal is currently a dynamic company.